View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2012, 19:52   #2
on these forums people are going to tell you to wait and save. Which I agree with... it's not a cheap hobby to get into, and it's easy to get carried away with spending.

The gun is up to you, it's you who will be playing with it, you that has to deal with the ups and downs of owning said gun. You can DM with an AEG, but you can't run and gun with a bolt action. You will get bored, I've seen it. I have played with DMs that sit still for an hour without doing a thing, waiting for that shot, and then the next game they can't sit still for 5 minutes. Keep that in mind.

I would also not spend a dime until you pay REAL games with REAL players. Not your friends with CT guns. You're talking ranges of 65 ft. I'm talking ranges up to and beyond 300 ft. A crappily tuned premium aeg will shoot 70-100ft easy and only take 2-3 shots. You really have no point of reference on how premium well tuned airsoft guns behave. So I don't think you have a clear picture of what would be right for you in 3 years.

I've played with players old and new that think my little smg doesn't shoot very far because they're thinking in terms of real firearms. Well my little smg is tuned to shoot farther than most people's long airsoft rifles.

Save, wait, watch and play when you can. Then decide... 3 years is a long time.
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote