View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2012, 16:06   #29
Ricochet
Can I ask you a serious question? How much sand can you fit in your vagina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
I'm not keen on box mags either.. unless of course you are wearing a backpack with the weight of 6000 rounds of ammo in it.. Which would be about 200 lbs..

I generally run my Saws on midcaps ( m249 ) with about 120 rounds in a mag

This makes for a more handy weapon.. ans a realistic sustained fire ability

Some guns only have highcaps.. many of the China made WWII style guns only have highcaps.. so in some cases you are buggered..

in this case I require magazines to be removed from the gun to be wound so at least you force a firing interruption to simulate the reload

That's a cool idea, but it must be near impossible to referee at a large scale game?

Many people argue that because of the differing opinions players have on the whole mid-cap, low-cap, real-cap situation; that high-caps are just as valid. You'll find though that 90% of "serious" airsofters in Canada live between real and mid. Some players like the strict realism, and others can only acquire mid-caps for their gun type. Personally I run a PTW, so does the rest of my team. Before there were other reliable magazine brands; we run strictly Systema, which are 120 rounds a piece. However, we religiously half filled these; one to save on the internal springs, and the other to limit ammunition. Even when we attend a game that limits mid-cap use, we still only half filled them. This is simply our way, and we respect those who run only real-caps or low-caps or whatever. Here's is a good rule of thumb we use, and how we decided to run our magazines. BBs are not bullets, nor do they have the force, accuracy, or reliability. BBs cannot penetrate solid objects, can easily be pushed off course by a breeze, they don't travel as fast or as far, and you can't rely on them to "make the kill". Therefore we decided having two BBs for each bullet you would have had is a "reasonable" alternative. Once again, this is just a guideline that we've adopted and it works well for us.
ďREALITY IS LIKE A STONE. TO MANY ITíS HARD AND COLD, THEY CANíT HUG IT OR EAT IT, IT ONLY FRUSTERATES THEM AND DOESNíT DO THEM MUCH GOOD. TO OTHERS ITíS STRONG AND DEPENDABLE, YOU CAN BUILD WITH IT, BUILD UPON IT, OR WORK WITH IT, ALSO USE IT TO SMASH PEOPLE IN THE FACE.Ē
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote