View Single Post
Old August 15th, 2012, 17:24   #8
Ricochet
Can I ask you a serious question? How much sand can you fit in your vagina?

We don't drink electrolyte enhanced drinks "during" game play. I will drink them after, or during a break only. Over indulging in salt and sugar during physical activity, can block your body from in-taking the hydration, which is the most important part. If you feel your overly sweating, or feeling weak or shaky, then proper food is the answer. During games; drink lots of water, take regular breaks, and at the very least snack when possible (with appropriate foods). Be very aware of your own physical and health conditions as well.

We've had a few instances in the past where drinking mass amounts of Gatorade, powerade, squelch, etc hurt someone. For someone that is "fit", not in the least overweight, and healthy then one Gatorade (for example) is sufficient for quite awhile. After your body has dumped out a decent amount of sweat of course. If you sweat heavily, or are not a constantly active person with a history of good health, then you need to be more careful. Overloading on electrolytes won't help you. Drink water, and eat foods that produce energy; i.e. nutrience, protein, etc and then break regularly. When your on a long break or finished; then have a Gatorade.

Just to be clear, I'm not a doctor. This is advice received from health care professionals during activity discussions or after an incident has occured. I don't wish anyone to get hurt, sick, or worse; and promote each individual to look into their personal health at a professional level before deciding on extreme physical activities, diet, or anything else health related.
“REALITY IS LIKE A STONE. TO MANY IT’S HARD AND COLD, THEY CAN’T HUG IT OR EAT IT, IT ONLY FRUSTERATES THEM AND DOESN’T DO THEM MUCH GOOD. TO OTHERS IT’S STRONG AND DEPENDABLE, YOU CAN BUILD WITH IT, BUILD UPON IT, OR WORK WITH IT, ALSO USE IT TO SMASH PEOPLE IN THE FACE.”
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote