Thread: Milsimmmm!!!!
View Single Post
Old July 31st, 2012, 12:57   #46
m102404
Tys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter424 View Post
KK you are not getting what im saying...
The door is an example!!!
I'm not saying BLOW every door.
Im saying that the restriction's to movement is probably the BIGGEST
REAL LIFE VS MILSIM ISSUE!!!

TRUST ME IM QUITE AWARE ONE CAN"T SIMPLE GO AROUND WITH UNLIMITED C4 Charges BLOWING DOORS!!!

But I do agree with Restrictions to Weapons.
But I disagree with Comm's, CoC (chain of command) and attitudes!!
DO to the fact I feel most "MilSim" events I have participated in have those three elements in them!! Maby not Military standards but not to far off!!!
I'm trying...but I'm not quite getting what you're saying either.

I do get that real life tactics would be too violent/dangerous to have at an airsoft milsim (hence the 'sim' part). And I get that restriction of movement is a issue with airsoft....and that it's magnified by the practicalities of airsoft (i.e. they don't shoot through walls/doors...range is limited...etc...)

You lost me a bit with...
"But I disagree with Comm's, CoC (chain of command) and attitudes!!
DO to the fact I feel most "MilSim" events I have participated in have those three elements in them!! Maby not Military standards but not to far off!!!"

Do you mean that because of some of the "rules" about movement (i.e. not going through windows, breaching roofs, using this door vs. that door, etc...) the game is spoiled/constrained?

I can see that. At one venue we had some very....ummmm, spirited....players come up with some very innovative ways of problem solving. Barricading doors, setting up barricades, using/moving hard cover, breaching holes in roofs to access/bypass things, scaling the side/exterior of a building.
- Effective...sure, worked very well.
- Destructive...yes, and the field owner had to make the call on it (ended up...put down $$$$ deposits to cover damages/repairs)
- Dangerous...yes, beyond the tolerance of the host and field owner

In the end, was it allowed to continue? No. In some games the host would impose those "restriction of movements" (if I get you right)....in other instances the field owner made it prohibitively expensive.

So...what are you left with? Simply to work within those conventions. Adapt to what's permissible and work within those constraints. 90% of the time those constraints should be there for either monetary/safety reasons, so there's no ifs ands or buts...the remainder may be there to suit the game and if the host determins it to be so, there's no ifs ands or buts.
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote