Thread: Milsimmmm!!!!
View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2012, 15:46   #18
HackD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmken View Post
When I made this thread, I actually wanted to address the boundaries of milsims and not "kitting appropriately". Many of these boundaries are huge controversies on the AAR's.

Some examples would be:

- the destroying of unattended defensive assets to disable them;
- switching camo to avoid detection (as this happens in real warfare);
- counter-intelligence tactics: switching factions and double agents;
- a team signed up as PMC's switching factions that give the most benefit (or cash in real warfare);

These are just some of the many examples that continue to cause butt hurts in AAR's because they have not been formally addressed by game hosts. I think the definition of what a "milsim" is widely understood, but it is the extreme boundaries of a milsim that needs to be clarified.
- the destroying of unattended defensive assets to disable them;

Deliberately done, absolutely not. Break it, you bought it, if you don't compensate for your piss-poor respect of other's property, you should be black-balled in the community. Accidents do happen - it's up to game control to decide whether an accident, or on purpose and/or out of malice. This is an honor violation. maintenance of the honor principle is the tantamount goal to keep in mind, with airsoft. This is different from a benign disablement of a device or belonging in the course of game play.

- switching camo to avoid detection (as this happens in real warfare);
- counter-intelligence tactics: switching factions and double agents;

As in real life, this should carry consequences in the realm of game-play, if caught. In real life, imprisonment and death usually follows swiftly with the capture of a turn-coat, captured Opfor in wrong uniform, or espionage. A game time-out of sitting in the corner for an hour would be a sufficient equivalent, i'd think

- a team signed up as PMC's switching factions that give the most benefit (or cash in real warfare);

Allowable - I don't see a problem with this? It happens in real life situations, in 'soldier of fortune' scenarios.

All IMHO, of course.

Last edited by HackD; July 30th, 2012 at 15:58..
HackD is offline   Reply With Quote