View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2012, 22:33   #82
Ricochet
Can I ask you a serious question? How much sand can you fit in your vagina?

I have to agree with Brian for the most part. Kids (17-) are not the issue here. It's the rest of us. ASC being a prime example. We as a community have gotten together with friends, teams, groups, retailers, and event planners and have decided to not promote the sport to the underage crowd. We are here for mentoring purposes, and to provide guidance and qualified information until they are of age, and can be age verified.

- I do not believe the 18+ crowd should share a field with the under 18 crowd. (For the same reasons stated above)

- I don't believe this community should sponsor retailers that sell Airsoft "guns" to people who cannot show they are age of majority or better "with" valid government issued photo I.D.

- I believe that the forums section should have a "very" limited access area to the non age verified. By way of that the newbie section should be available to Age verified people only (who are starting into the sport, but are of age). And that the non age verified have access to; the "get my ass age verified section", and the "I'm under 18 section". We can then more closely monitor the information being passed to "expressly minors". This section can have a very strict sticky rules to read section. So we won't get as many posts in the newbie section like "where can I buy guns". If your posting in there, you either under 18, or you don't bother to read rules. Simple!

I've met a kid who was no older than maybe ten on an Airsoft field. He was polite, he listened, and played fairly. But that's clearly not the point. My team made it known that we won't be returning there if minors are present, because we support the ASC standard. A persons age doesn't always inspire maturity. But it does come with experience, accountability, and legal responsibility passed the age of 18. Just because there are adults whom are jerks on the Airsoft field, does not give way to someone who is not legally mature.
ďREALITY IS LIKE A STONE. TO MANY ITíS HARD AND COLD, THEY CANíT HUG IT OR EAT IT, IT ONLY FRUSTERATES THEM AND DOESNíT DO THEM MUCH GOOD. TO OTHERS ITíS STRONG AND DEPENDABLE, YOU CAN BUILD WITH IT, BUILD UPON IT, OR WORK WITH IT, ALSO USE IT TO SMASH PEOPLE IN THE FACE.Ē
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote