View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2005, 13:34   #123
A Total Bastard
Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
Originally Posted by Agit-Prop
Trying to equate registering a membership on ASC with "A registry of those in this association, org or whatever it's called of the weapons they PLAY with and what they are Chronied at (Upgrades and changes should be informed so that the new FPS/X.Xgram can be recorded)" is an extreme stretch, Jay.
Its a suggestion of potential issues that could be dealt with in such as organization. Something like this would require its members to develop and formulate its mandate. Besides we chrony before a game. If someone could be trusted to chrony their gun once and declare it 'safe' and not require it to be chronied again until its modified or opened would be welcome. Chronying takes over an hour at games with over 35 players.

I don't think its a stretch at all. Currently this association holds no information about its members, while ASC has quite a bit more information about its members to the point where when a joke about the database being handed over to the RCMP made people go absolutely BATSHIT. I would not dismiss the analogy so easily.

EDIT: Incidently, I am not saying its a bad thing, what I am saying is that ASC is an example of a precident where players have agreed to a certain amount of information disclosure in order to obtain certain benefits. As with ASC, this is entirely voluntary and if you disagree with it, you don't have to be a part of it.
LIKE us on Facebook!!
Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote