View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2012, 22:44   #12
kullwarrior's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Originally Posted by Gunk View Post
I just don't buy issued stuff, unless it's legitimately surplused out.
You have to be really knowledgable to know what is surplus what is not.
Body armor is the most iffy one.

->There are NO surplus plate, if you look at DRMO (Defense Reutilization Management Office) on plates, it says they're all destroyed.
->The only soft armor vest that are officially surplus are the PASGT vest
->IBA, IOTV, SPCS are NOT surplus either

How can individuals get plates and IBA/IOTV/SPCS legally? Buy it from contractor. There are civilian working along with miltary, they can purchase armor. (An source I'm aware of is These armor they purchase are NOT army property but rather personal. They do not turn them in nor do they get it for free.
kullwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote