View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2012, 18:01   #6
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwsage View Post
I recently came across a rather interesting comment on a RWTV video from someone in the US army along the lines of:
"while I don't mind airsofter's enthusiasm for milsim and looking the part, please stop buying up all the high quality vests because everytime someone in the army is trying to buy a good plate carrier, they are always sold out due to airsofters.
BS, Condor stated 20% of their sales is airsoft, another words 80% is military, LE, or firearm community

Quote:
The standard issue equipment is sub-par and we often need to buy aftermarket equipment for better protection
BS, once again US army does NOT allow individuals to purchase and use own armor. IBA, IOTV, SPCS are the only ones allowed....and they're issued

Quote:
\That was just a paraphrase but it was more or less the jist of it. And I do remember a while back when I saw that news report about servicemen overseas scrambling to buy dragonscale armour because it was so much better than plate armour. So I do think there is a need for better armour (at least for the americans).
BS, once again. If you look beyond the media so called test and look at how the US army evaluate it....it failed miserably The scales could not stay intact with heat, shock, and submersion. It's because of that it was rejected, not because it was expensive.

Quote:
The question is, do the Canadian military guys need/buy aftermarket plate carriers because the standard issue ones aren't giving them enough protection? I don't want my enthusiasm for realism put someone fighting on behalf of Canada to suffer as a result. Any thoughts?
No, because they can't use anything other than what they're issued with for body armor.

Imagine this, I wear my own armor made in China, I got hit and I die. My family is going to sue Canadian Military how are they going to be able to defend it?