View Single Post
Old May 21st, 2012, 23:43   #21
These guys have laid out some great lists so there's not much to add, but I'll make a couple suggestions that can save cash.

The South African [insert camo color] vest ran me about 47$ with shipping on ebay. It's tough and has everything you need. Basic, but very functional. Don't judge quality based on price alone. I ripped a pocket off an 80$ vest in store. Unintentionally just in case there's any confusion.

Alternatively you can go to an army surplus and haggle for a decent pair of webbing. I found a really nice set for 40$. I like it so much I'm thinking of using it as my primary vest.

Gloves. Rothco makes some pretty good quality gloves. Not much in terms of protection, but then again, a little pain here and there keeps you staying sharp. We're all a little masochistic here...

Anyway, gloves ran me about 17$. I use gloves so I can be rough with my hands(not worry about what I'm grabbing, etc), not necessarily for knuckle protection. I've already taken a couple bbs to the knuckles, and while it doesn't tickle, it's not the end of the world(tough it out pussy!).

I disagree with some of Kalnaren's suggestions but his price suggestions are spot on. I cut corners as much as I could and I think I was just under 1k, but I should add my gun was almost 50% of the total.

which brings me to what all the vets are saying: don't cheap out on the gun.
Here we are again bro -just you and me. Same kind of moon same kind of jungle. Real number 10 remember? Whole platoon, 32 men chopped into meat... We walk out just you and me, nobody else. Right on top huh? Not a scratch... Not a fuckin' scratch... - Sgt.Mac, Predator
Grizzly0679 is offline   Reply With Quote