View Single Post
Old April 4th, 2012, 08:58   #12
I was in the same boat as you about 6 months ago, new to the hobby and not sure what I wanted to get. AEGs, although they out perform gas guns, just felt to "toyish" to me. I picked up a WE Scar GBBR.

I love how the GBBR functions just like the real steel. The cycling bolt gives it a bit of recoil, the magazines are 30 rounds and there is a bolt catch. Not to mention it strips just like the real steel. Overall I am happy with my GBBR choice, but there are definite drawbacks that should be mentioned.

First of all, I just play locally with a bunch of fellow airsofters, I don't go to huge competitive games. If I did, I would probably get an AEG. The Gas Blow Backs suffer from cooldown because of the propane. With my Scar, I can only burst fire about 3-4 BBs on full-auto before they start losing velocity. Also the 30 round magazine capacity is limiting when going up against players with mid or high caps.

As for reliability, if you get a GBBR you have to be able to fix things yourself. I have had a bunch of problems with my SCAR that required fixing. My bolt carrier even completely broke inside the gun! These things are made with poor tolerances and at an extremely low quality. Fortunately, there are plenty of spare parts for most WE gas guns.
djKail is offline   Reply With Quote