Thread: New guy here
View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2012, 01:45   #36
/Face Palm.

Wrong place. At best you are likely breaking local ordinances unless you live 500 km north of bum-puck nowhere. At worst, you will have a Tactical Team joining you and your group for a little bit of woods-ball. There projectiles don't sting, they kill, and if they feel threatened they may be shooting first and asking the questions later. Prime case in point below.

Your assertion of maturity has just pretty much evaporated, as far as Airsoft goes. It is an adult sport, for a reason - and i can see why some think that 18 is even way too young. Start thinking more of the ramifications of your own actions - that is also a good indicator of maturity.

As for the motorcycle, is it licensed and insured - unless on your own property, it's also likely illegal to be using that elsewhere, even if it is an off-road motorcycle. Too many young idjits crashing them on public land/other private owners land, and then turning around and suing the municipality/corporation/private owner of the property for their own darn negligence.. not your generations fault - mine was responsible for that one.

The point is of the above, we don't really want your generation, taking Airsoft away from us all, by doing the same sort of silly things - and what you described above is becoming increasingly, and frighteningly more common, with bad results for all.

If i were your age? I was your age. I had a job at your age that kept me from doing silly things over the summer, and in the end i had enough to pay a year of college. Airsoft, or other relatively expensive, and unrealistic hobbies for that age, weren't really a financial option. You've already got a few hobbies that cost some money.

Originally Posted by Krimble View Post
I appreciate your post, but the thing is, all my friends are going to do games and battle during the summer and I know it might not be the best choice, but it's hard just not playing with them. We we're just going to practice in the woods next to my house and we we're planning to go in real games once we get 18, but we would rather practice first. All battles will be hosted on my, well my parents property.

What would you do in my case? I know this may sound immature, but I'm tired of using a Soft-air brand. I'm not that impulsive either though, I just tend getting bored if I don't have any hobbies. I drive my motorcycle and work on my Nitro R/C truck, but I would like to add another hobby to the stables.

I was originally going to buy a new computer for gaming, but realized I needed to do more exercise and play less games, I'm tired of all the games like Call of Duty and such. I really want to belong to a community and I would like it to be Airsoft. You people have been helpful since my first post and I would really like to spend more time here and get to know you guys. I respect what you are trying to say though.

Last edited by HackD; March 31st, 2012 at 01:50..
HackD is offline   Reply With Quote