View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2012, 23:07   #361
Here is a good warning against playing with substandard equipment.

I got a mesh mask which had begun to split out of its rubber cowling by the second game. There was only a 3mm space, so I didn't think much of it.

I took a single round on an angle that got through the crack and bounced off the upper and lower edge of my eye socket before landing in my mask.

It didn't do any damage, but a slightly different angle and I would have taken one in the eye.

There are a few fields around here that support ballistics goggles, and I see people coming in with spacing in excess of a centimeter on the sides. I try to tell them it's a matter of time, but getting through is hard.

Note: This happened about a week ago. I've been playing for 8 years, so this isn't a case of new player dumbassery. It's important that you check your goggles for gaps. Even several of the paintball quality masks I've had, have had gaps that a bb could easily sneak through.

To keep with theme, aside from real injuries like nails through feet and torn ligaments that I've seen, one that comes to mind for me is a point blank shotgun blast. 3 rounds, 3 knuckles, a 20 second string of profanity.
Before the internet, the village idiot would stay in his own village.
fantastix is offline   Reply With Quote