View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2012, 01:30   #37
THe_Silencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
So what your saying is.. upgrade the gun and not the player.
No. Now you're putting words in my mouth. I said that guns shooting at a higher FPS give the player an advantage. Nowhere in my post did I say
that player skill was irrelevant nor did I advocate against improving one's skill.
In fact I said "skill will certainly trump FPS". You on the other hand stated in bold that:"FPS means jack shit" which is just wrong and deleterious to any new players seeking accurate advice. Refer to my previous post for my explanation.

Quote:
Play with a stock gun first. A n00b playing with a hot gun will gain absolutely zero appreciation for the upgrades in the gun, and will be totally fucked if they ever have to play with a <350 AEG.
If FPS means "jack shit", why would it matter what FPS your first aeg shot at so long as it's in field limits? If a new player's aeg shot less than 350 FPS, why would they be fucked if the velocity is irrelvant like you stated? You just contradicted your main point here. I do agree that 350 FPS is generally the sweet spot if you're planning on using an aeg for both indoors and outdoors.

Quote:
TONS of people play fine with stock TM and CA guns. You just need to learn to MOVE and PLAY properly.
I know. I played with stock guns as well. I never claimed you can't. You don't need to be giving me airsoft tactics. I myself will use a gun in it's stock form if it's from a decent company like VFC or KA. On such guns I will play them stock until the parts break and replace them as needed. On certain Chinese guns I will usually upgrade the piston, compression parts, wiring and possibly motor because they're so damn awful, not necessarily to achieve a higher FPS but mainly to improve compression and accuracy.

Quote:
Out of effective range? Get closer. Problem solved.
Easy solution in theory. In practice it's not always so easy to solve. I guess if you're an amazing player it should never be an issue.
Quote:
If people are dodging your shots you're too far away.
Not entirely true. You can be in range but if your opponent is aware of where you are, shooting at a lower FPS will give him more time to react, take cover, and retaliate. Hence why FPS DOES matter! Though I never said it will make you a better player.
Quote:
Doesn't matter if the gun is shooting 300 or 400.
It does. Objects travelling at a higher velocity are harder to dodge. This FACT is easy to observe with the human eye since a BB travelling 400 FPS moves noticeable faster than one travelling 100 FPS slower. You fail to elaborate on how this doesn't matter. Quoting player skill does not negate this fact.

@Thundecactus: I'm well aware of airsoft guns that shoot at lower FPS that are incredibly accurate so I hope that no one with lower FPS guns think that I'm ragging on their guns. I also run a guarder clear on my P90 and it outranges aegs with longer barrels and hotter springs, though the damn thing seems to have fused with the hopup and barrel so it seems like its impossible to remove.

My point is that Kal's claim that FPS has NO impact on an AEG's performance is misinformed and wrong. No amount of player skill or any other X factor will change this.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle
-Founder of Steel City Hamilton Infantry and Tactics
-Certified level 43 Autosniper by Commander Amos
THe_Silencer is offline   Reply With Quote