View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2012, 14:03   #28
Originally Posted by Aldo69 View Post
I bought the gear with a few upgrade parts that might help and i can always upgrade I have a near Airsoft shop

Spring 110 or 100 ( got both) -What are you trying to attain here?
Bravo Aluminum Piston Head w/Thrust Bearings Same as above -what is YOUR purpose behind this upgrade?
G&G 6.04mm High Precision Inner Barrel for 443mm Barrel Length I recommend Mad Bull barrels. Excellent quality, good price.
Prometheus Version 2&8 Spring Guide with Ball Bearings
G&G Hop Up Bucking Make sure you're getting a good quality one of these. Not sure about G&G. Match the hop-up rubber to your FPS
Modify Nozzle for M4/M16 Why?
G&G Upgraded Reinforced Piston Again, why?
MadBull Gemtech "Blackside" Barrel Extension ...errr... why? Why not just get a gun with a longer barrel to begin with?

Looking into a CQB Red dot sight, will I need it? or stick with the original sights? GO PLAY A GAME FIRST!!!!!!!! SEE WHAT YOU LIKE!!
How long will this battery last? Intellect 9.6v 2000mAh NiMH Nunchuck Battery
I was thinking to buy 2 but cost alot, will it handle about 4-6 hours of game play on like 3 round burst and single? Depends on how much you shoot. I've made a 1,500 Mah mini last all day in an upgraded gun.. and I know people who have blown through a 2,000 Mah large in 4 hours. There are a TON of things you can do to increase this -proper shimming, wiring, and greasing among them. How you play is the biggest factor. Having said that, a spare battery never hurt anyone. Unless you thew it at them.. then it might.
I mean absolutely zero offence by this, but to me it sounds 100% like you just want to throw parts in your gun for the sake of having an upgraded gun.

Quite frankly that is the WORST reason to upgrade a gun, period.

We used to have this little saying in airsoft that doesn't seem to get said much anymore:

"If you have to ask what you should upgrade, you're not ready to upgrade."

Aside from components that are know to fail (of which you should have none in the guns you listed) you shouldn't need ANY of those upgrades you listed.

The most I ever recommend a newbie do to a stock gun is a spring swap if needed for field limits, and a T/N barrel.

Otherwise just WAIT. Go PLAY A GAME, and SEE what you're gun needs, if anything.

It really, really REALLY sounds like you need to go to a game and rent a few guns first. Standing over here it sounds like you don't have a clue what you really want. And that's a surefire way to lead to buyer's remorse.

"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."

Last edited by kalnaren; February 12th, 2012 at 14:06..
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote