View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2012, 20:00   #53
arnold869's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Petawawa, Ontario
I am a Sgt with Training Company, 2 Svc Bn at CFB Petawawa and the owner of Petawawa Airsoft.
I also am looking to use Petawawa's Training area (fibua site), I had it almost set-up but had to cancel due to time restraints.

1. Contact Range Control, they control the training area. They can guide you on what you need.
2. If you are not a recognized social group, i.e. boy scouts or youth group you will have to pay for use of the grounds.
3. You will have to provide proof of insurance.
4. Then once you have a your plan approved and a open time frame available given by Range Control and met all their requirements, you then have to draft a letter of approval to the Base Commander for permission.

It will take some time and is doable. Start 2-3 months before your event, military memo's do get lost and your request would be low priority. Good military writing skills are key.

Hope this helps you, its the the steps I followed.

Last edited by arnold869; January 10th, 2012 at 21:54..
arnold869 is offline   Reply With Quote