Thread: Legality
View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2012, 23:48   #11
Harvester of Noobs' Sorrow
Send a message via MSN to Dynamo
Originally Posted by paulidis View Post
Hi all. I bought some airsoft guns from wall mart. the ones that are clear and orange plastic. Police took them away from me after receiving a call that I was shooting off an apartment balcony (stupid idea on my part). So the police told me that it was a warning and if i am caught with airsoft toys again I will be charged.
you are lucky they didn't storm your apartment guns drawn, and arrest everyone in it.

On one hand I side with the law - you shouldn't be irresponsible when handling these toys.

On the other hand, I have a right to own toy guns if I want to.
it is not a right to own anything in Canada, it's a privilege. abuse it and you loose it.

I am thinking of getting a pardon so I can own toy guns again.

I love guns for their engineering and for sport target shooting.

I am a prompt tax payer and loyal citizen - I make a lot of money per year and give almost half of it to the government.

I deserve to own toy guns if I wish.
entitled brat much? you lost your ownership privileges the second you stepped out onto your balcony and fired. (discharging an uncontrolled/replica firearm is illegal within city limits) be thankful all you got was a warning and your toys taken from your irresponsible hands.

I took up paintballing and now own a tiberius 8 paintball pistol and Im concerned I may be found with it while going to a paintball meet.

What can I do? Speak to a lawyer?
being as they specifically told you to stay away from airsoft, i think you should be fine with paintball.. so long as you don't do anything stupid/illegal with it.
Weapons Technician / Gunsmith

Don't look at me, I don't know, lol \(_o)/.