View Single Post
Old December 15th, 2011, 15:59   #21
MaciekA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
Effort that organizers put into videography and release of said videos is the reason we don't see vids like that here, not because of things being illegal. There is NOTHING illegal about owning and using an airsoft gun in a lawful manner.
Fair enough, though I will raise the question of velocities during import, during sale, during active use/transport/storage, and during other somewhat ambiguous times. A licensing scheme would at least legitimize ambiguous cases (see gearbox-open example below) and other common corner cases (trade of parts and free importation of parts).

I'm interested in resolving the following legal statuses and/or possible ambiguities, with documentation to back them up:

1) My G&P C8 with full metal receiver during import: ~430fps. Legal? yes
2) My G&P C8 with full metal receiver during sale: ~430fps. Legal? yes
3) My G&P C8 with full metal receiver during gaming/storage/transport: 360fps. Legal? unsure
4) My G&P C8 with full metal receiver during gaming, discharge within city limits, unlicensed venue: 360fps. Legal? no
5) My G&P C8 with full metal receiver during gaming, discharge within city limits, licensed venue: 360fps. Legal? yes
6) My G&P C8 with full metal receiver during gaming, discharge at rural private venue locked far away from public, licensed venue: 360fps. Legal? unsure
7) My G&P C8 with full metal receiver during tech work, lying on desk while I have the gearbox open nearby. NIL fps. Legal? unsure, but #8 hints at maybe no
8) My G&P C8 with full metal receiver in transit without a gearbox in a Canada Post box. Legal? no (refer to recent RCMP busts / chatter amongst local retailers)

I still think true legitimacy is different from the grey area we occupy right now, and true legitimacy would open up the market in ways that we don't observe at the moment, as has happened in the UK (with the right to import airsoft rifles and receivers from abroad, for example).
MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote