View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2005, 22:55   #108
Send a message via MSN to Goldman
Originally Posted by tharkad1
okay, prob my last post on this subject, cause well...this line has been drawn a lot, and the same arguments and the same individuals often show up to make their pointm which are valid (no offence to these peeps, esp jay, i know yer a good guy, )
But comparing an INTERNET moderator to a firefighter..that's stretching it a bit..
The profession is an example, regardless of whether your a voulenteer or not, your expect to uphold the same ideals, goals, profesioanlism and honour of someone who does it professionally. Being a voulenteer dosen't excuse you.

On top of that, pranks like this have ill effects on the sport, especially when they last longer than this one did. Has anyone wonderd about potential new players being turned away because they think the sport is constantly in impending doom, or read something about a retailer being arrested by the RCMP, then forgoet about Airsoft completly? This stuff hurts the sport, and helps only those who laugh at their "little joke".

This is why many people have their "panties in a knot" about the pranks like this that happen far too often.
Maybe you'll find someone else to help you. Maybe black mesa... THAT WAS A JOKE, ha ha, fat chance.

My Buy/Sell 1337ness rating
Goldman is offline   Reply With Quote