Thread: FPS
View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2011, 18:15   #32
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P
Originally Posted by anphelproject View Post
I also have read some fields will allow for snipers to go to 450 even read one field 500....
BA rifles are a diferent story, I run a 512fps rifle, but I cant and wont shot anyone closer then 100ft, and almost never in the head/feace area unless they are wearing full face protection, and even then probably not.
Plus consider I will fire one round at a target, hit or miss said target wont have a stream of BB's flying at them.
Also those who use such high fps rifles have taken some kind of safety and compitance course, ran by a respected member to let the community know they will operate safely with higher fps limits. Some old timers run 550-600ish even more maybe, who knows they use it safely and that is down to experiance.
Dont get me wrong, I'd love to see the "community limit" increased to maybe 450fps on .20 but it has been decided way befor my time, and is safe and works well, so whats the point in arguing.

I think perhaps tho the field limit there is just 400 on .25's it is there porogative to set their own limits, but I agree it they are doing it thinking it is just as safe, that is just sad.

EDIT: i am reffering to outdoor limits
350 is more than enough for 0-80ft engagements with no brush to fight with
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
Hectic....FFS start writing in coherent sentences!!!
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote