View Single Post
Old June 21st, 2011, 08:21   #67
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
Whisper...just out of interest since I know you're a thinking man and I value your opinion.

What have you done during this strike as an alternate means to get other cheques/monies during the strike?

Are you going to do anything/something different to mitigate this type of business interruption from happening again?

(just brain picking for my own interests sake)
I really don't have any unique advice to give. I have all the systems in place that any other small business owner would. I accept credit cards, I utilize couriers... But an old fashioned cheque in the mail has been the norm. Of course, I tried contacting the clients who sent through these large cheques to see if they would cancel them and reissue them and I would have my courier come and grab it... But they said it would probably take equally as long. Will I change my internal process because of this? Most likely. What will it be? I don't know yet, but whatever it is, it needs to be as close to expense neutral as possible. Global payments tacks on too high a fee. My business account won't allow EMTs. Couriers can be pricey too. I guess I'm one of those instances where a postal service is a necessary evil.

On a side note, my god damn apple G5 just died. 8 years of solid service, and it decides to die now. Will the insanity ever end!
Whisper Kill
1st Ranger Platoon of Canada
Rangers Lead the Way. Most of the time.

whisper_kill is offline   Reply With Quote