I'd just like to say "Thanks" to everyone who provided me with great info and/or reference links so I could teardown my SCAR-L. In particular (and in no particular order):
- Danke - for pointing me to the teardown guide.
- Lanepratt - for guiding me to Wallyworld for the ONE HEX KEY that I couldn't find anywhere.
- TokyoSeven - for pointing out that the spare spring the gun came with could've been the original "stock" spring (T7 - you were right).
- m102404 - for his scar-l braindump under "gun discussions" (provided some useful insight; thanks, m).
- ACS, in general, for having SCADS of info available - THAT IS SEARCHABLE!
Teardown wasn't that bad, and complete reassembly after the spring swap was relatively painless (if you ignore the two times I had to re-opened the gearbox to correct assembly/alignment errors
Rifle now fires at a consistent 345 fps (give or take) w/ 0.25 g BBs.
Again, Thanks, All!