Originally Posted by slink182
(1) Battery - 9.6 V, 1600 mAh, either mini or nunchuck. However, who makes a reliable battery pack?
(2) Charger - I saw two performance chargers - one at Toronto Airsoft by Intelligent, the other at 007Airsoft (the one with the fuzzy logic & European wall plug). How do they rate, and which would be recommended?
(3) Optical - I'm looking for a reflex and/or red-dot scope. The CQC is pretty much designed with that in mind. However, I like flexibility - so a scope with a dot AND some magnification would be ideal. I don't know if they come in a single package, or if it would be a two-piece setup. At this point, I'm looking at a King Arms ACOG w/ RD, or a red/green reflex, but not married to either. Comments, ideas, recommendations?
(4) Front Grip - A vertical post would be nice, but unsure who makes a good quality grip. Also, any thoughts on magazine grips (the "finger wraps" that fit around the mag-well) or the Magpul angled forestocks?
(5) Magazines - Magazines are hit/miss in M4/M16 styles that would feed reliability. I saw a recommendation for Magpul PTS EMags, which I'll look at. Are there any other make/models that would work reliably?
(6) SCAR Magazine question (not kit related) - The mag provided with the rifle did not include a top feed door for loading, or a tension wheel on the bottom. The feed hole to the gun's action, however, appears to be backed by a spring. Is this a new style of magazine being produced? And is it unique to VFC? (Note: the manual that came with the gun still mentioned the feed door and tension spring - I thought I was going nuts since the mag didn't have either of those items.)
(7) Loaders - Based on what I've seen so far, they appear to be single round plunger types, although electrics exist. I don't know how that style would work with magazines that use a top feed door. Also, I'm not sure if a loader would work with the stock magazine provided. Anyone have any experience to enlighten me?
Thanks in advance!
I used to own this particular airsoft and sold it to my nephew because he liked it so much. Good Aeg all around.Only issue is that he broke the hinge plate but found a new one at Uncompany and it doesn't work well with some brands of BB's.
1. this is the battery I have been using for 2 years, never ran out of power during a game:
2. Got this charger used from a friend, works well, 10-15 minutes to charge battery.
3. I have the KA Acog, works well, you can use a Flip To Side magnifier like this one. You have the option of using it now or not:
4. Here's the one I use, very happy with it:
5. Mags are a problem with VFC's, some players use VFC mags with mix reviews. I used my Magpul with a strip of velcro inside the magwell and they work perfectly.
6. Standard technology now except for hi-cap mags wich are not allowed at most games. You need a BB loader, buy a good one, the cheap ones dont last. Here's the one I use:
7. Manual BB loader with a plunger + midcap magazine (75-120 bb's) are the standard.
Hope this helps, welcome back into the sport!