View Single Post
Old April 26th, 2011, 17:39   #916
Boyso
a.k.a. LastSpartan

Send a message via MSN to Boyso
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
It still bugs me. To me it's more the attitude people have when they think they are tough as nails and an amazing shot. And then they go on boasting with stories on how the odds were against them and they killed everyone single handedly. And go on and on about themselves. And then I look on their shoulder and they have given themselves a sergeant's rank. Or jump wings. I get the reenacting part of it all. It's when people actually think they are better than everyone else and try to use a fake rank to try to earn the same respect a real soldier deserves.

I know some of you guys disagree with me, and that's fine and dandy. It's still my pet peeve and that's what this thread is all about.
Nah I get it. My point was just, don't generalise. I've seen people without any patches/ranks acting like video games characters (not to name those stupid kids with 'Ghost' baclavas)

I have one of those 101st patch, and I never pretended having jumped out of an airplane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
and half of those actually pull it off.

Wearing rank, whatever.. it's a fantasy, Larpers wear elf ears.. it does not make them elves.. and I've never seen a real elf get pissed at a larper in elf ears.

Elves are way too cool for that.
Hahahaha. Awesome.

"WHEN I DIE
BURY ME
UPSIDE DOWN
SO THE WORLD
CAN KISS MY ASS"
-Platoon

Boyso is offline   Reply With Quote