View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2011, 14:45   #31
Boyso
a.k.a. LastSpartan

Send a message via MSN to Boyso
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
My red plastic AI, the probe just snapped in half while loading; the tan AI, the tip of the probe got chipped (not sure how it happened, only noticed after the fact -- but it wasn't bumped or dropped or anything) and at first wasn't sealing well with the fill valve, and gradually a crack started to appear long the length of the probe (which leaked gas) and got worse until it finally leaked so much I think more gas was escaping than going into the mags.

For people who only load a couple of GBB mags (i.e, most people) I think the plastic one is fine, but when loading stuff with larger reservoirs (like some gas shotguns or 40mm grenades etc) or large amounts of mags, I think that's what killed mine: if i'm loading 40mm shells (7+) or in a pistol/shotgun game (like at the Mill) where I'm loading 7x 1911 mags plus my shotgun which has a pretty big reservoir, there's a considerable amount of frost which has formed on the adapter by the time I'm done -- and this is in summer heat.
Yeah that's probably why. I've been charging only 2 Hi-capa mags. I also wait when charging my mags. Like fill one, load it up with BBs than fill the other one.

But I prefer paying 25$ for my adaptor than having to change my fill valves.

And I <3 AI

"WHEN I DIE
BURY ME
UPSIDE DOWN
SO THE WORLD
CAN KISS MY ASS"
-Platoon

Boyso is offline   Reply With Quote