View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2011, 02:43   #621
Katatonic Tactics
hello, yes im new!

first of all; hello to everyone both new and old.
now, i have been interested and aware of this hobby for quite some time, my first air soft gun was a sig p228 springer that i got at a army surplus in quebec years ago. i then subsequently bought a tokyo marui mp5k as my AEG, two TMP's springer by Academy and a tokyo marui glock17........springer! :banghead: i bought all this back in 2002 from a company called "APEC".....i have never played an airsoft game in my life, and to be perfectly honest i haven't even used ANY of my airsoft guns since then really. it is now 2011 and i NEED a hobby. airsoft has always seemed so cool and different, i have played paintball before and enjoyed that, i am more than sure that i will like airsoft too, probably more so! i really can feel it, i know that i am ready....err well sort of. its been a long time since 2002 and i missed a lot since then, as of now i am playing catch up just trying to figure out what has changed.
now recently i dug my mp5k out of a pile of boxes plus all my gear in an effort to incorporate this hobby into my life now. great right? well after charging my mp5k and shooting a few mags something broke! it would fire but no longer feed bbs. after opening up the gear box, i found that the part that pulls back the air nossle on the gear that pulls back the piston broke off and subsequently that "monkey metal" nub destroyed another gear; the first gear that the motor drives. so yeah i HAVE to get new gears now, its too bad too since i got it brand new just i never used it, so its old but unused! i shot about 5 standard mags through it before that. oh well.
my number one priority is to have FUN that's all i want from this. i am a legal adult, i live in Toronto Ontario (down town core) i don't drive or have a car now, i did some looking around and im sure the guys at are closest to me in fact they are in walking distance. i will contact them for both the age verification and gear parts at the same time! yay
there is still so much to find out and to do, that i hope im not forgetting anything in this long introduction. i hope to get to know all of you soon maybe meet some of you and play some airsoft. stay safe and remember to have lots of FUN!

over and out
Katatonic Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote