View Single Post
Old November 3rd, 2010, 03:01   #46
Vicious MSPaint Wizard
Originally Posted by Cortexburn View Post
20 and 30 Thousand.....damn......I bow to you for that...LOL. WOW.
It's less impressive that it sounds, I rarely keep more than 5k of stock on hand. It just changes often.

I guess my thing is as a player if you buy a gun that is too hot to play with then it's YOUR responsibility to down grade it ( either yourself or a gun doctor....). There is no passing on of that responsibility.
Well, although ignoring a fact does not make it invalid, people will expect turn key solutions. A responsible retailer still has to take into account customer stupidity, be it from ignorance or malice.

[quote=Cortexburn;1342891] As it turns out my clubs field seems to have the highest documented allowed fps for play in Canada at 435, many other fields have 400 and some 350....what does that have to do with what ANY retailer selling guns? Nothing. By that logic fast cars or bikes that can go over the speed limit should not be sold as their top speed is prohibited on roads.... I might add that we DO chrono, and if a player swaps springs or does some other action like this then they get booted. It's MY responsibility as a host to ensure our rules are followed, as it's the players responsibility to follow the rules. I don't think it's the retailers responsibility to ensure their product follows my clubs rules.

Still, this does not help with rag tag groups. ASC and the local forums are no longer the single points of contact for players. People googling ''airsoft+canada'' get the CAS retail point as the first result.

People will play, regardless of how and with whom.

Marketing to minors....not really an issue. The AV system is flawed. Members seem to think that because ASC has the AV system then every player/retailer in Canada should abide by this system.

I'd like to make it clear that the AV system was placed into ASC policy for the SOLE purpose of stopping the sale of guns to minors on ASC. Period. At it's conception it made sense, but times and circumstances have changed and this policy will also.

Pointing fingers at ANY retailer for selling to minors outside of the ASC forums is pointless.

Minors play, here in Alberta there are forums and teams/clubs of minors that play. They have purchased their airsoft from buyairsoft AND other retailers....that also retail here on ASC. Is this a horrible thing? No. It's not illegal, it's not "wrong". It's business.

The AV system to MANY MANY members has achieved this holy status, it would be in the airsoft bible. It's a FORUM POLICY.

Retailers who chose to use it in their daily business...good for them. But there is no and has never been any requirement for this when doing off ASC sales.

Due to Walmart, CT, Cabella's, Wholesale sports, bass pro and every other sports store, hobby store, hardware store that sells "softair" AND airsoft minors have airsoft. It's done. The minors that buy from the retailers that we buy from are a drop in the bucket. Time to work on the situation as it is today and not as it was years back.
Although Pandora's box has been opened for a while, it doesn't mean that a laissez-allez approach is warranted.

The AV system is not perfect, hell, even well known scammers have had had access, but I still think that it's worth defending. If there is an ASC policy change in the future, so be it.

Still, I think that marketing to the 14+ crowd is a bad move.
Annoyingly good with numbers

Stop American Censorship