View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2010, 22:06   #5
Got into airsoft after firing my first real gun at a range in Vegas. I was mainly into first person shooters but I loved the challenges of real time strategy games. I prefer milsim style games myself; I like how hosts give you a problem/scenario, defines restrictions (like ammo limit, limited time, etc), and you are forced to create a solutions. I don't know about some guys here but theres something I find, dare I say, beautiful about it.

Being in a kitchen, especially where I work, is somewhat similar. The challenge is to create items on the menu for x amount of people in x amount of time with a budget of $x with a possibly unreliable staff of x number of people; put a plan together, assign tasks, and get it done. All in the while; last minute changes and thrown in, supplies run short and your supplier has fucked you, people are calling in sick so there are gaps to fill in, service is running slow so you need to micro manage and retask your staff, and if you survive to the end of the day with happy customers, theres something that the word "satisfaction" just doesn't do the feeling justice when you see your plan and revised plan just comes together in the end.
"Hey I'm the first one to say its a great country but its a straaaaange culture. This is a place where gun store owners are given a list of stolen credit cards but not a list of CRIMINALS and MANIACS. And now they're thinking of banning toy guns...AND THEY'RE GONNA KEEP THE F**KING REAL ONES!"
-George Carlin 1937 - 2008 (RIP buddy)
HeadlessChicken is offline   Reply With Quote