View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2010, 06:34   #1
Space Bot
a.k.a. Servius
Space Bot's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Port Coquitlam
Verification + Boarder Question

Hi there, I'm just getting into the sport of Airsoft and I have 2 questions I couldn't find the answers to.

I'm thinking of moving in with a friend who lives in the US, in and around a year from now. And I'm wondering if the same law applies with taking an Airsoft rifle to the US as it does bringing one into Canada. I know that it's illegal to ship them into Canada, but what about the other way around? Will I just have to enjoy spending money on a new rifle for around a year then sell it before I move, or is it possible to take it with me?

And for the last question, I'm over 18, but haven't bothered to go get a BC ID or my Drivers License, I know a lot of you are gonna say "Just go get a BC ID, it's cheap and doesn't take that long to obtain" But if I was to approach a verifier in my area with say a carecard or birth certificate (maybe even both?) and my school ID that has my name and picture, would that be sufficient to get verified? Or do I HAVE to have a BC ID or Drivers License, It's just that every time I remember to actually go and get the card I don't have the money for it and vice versa.

Thanks for your help.
Space Bot is offline   Reply With Quote