View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2010, 00:52   #42
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
I can see why you can see contact as an issue. Although if anything I believe instances of what you described above would be rare. A knife kill does not necessarily mean it has to be a throat slash. Throat slashes are for people trying to be fancy. In the arm, leg, back, across the chest, the foot anywhere else is a legitimate kill area. A melee kill in airsoft is if you can pretty much touch a person with your hand. Using a rubber knife for a melee kill adds another element, but that element does not require all the variables that would come with that of a real knife. In my mind a tag is a tag, you dont have to poke someone in the jugular with your rubber knife for it to be legitimate.

I like it, I can use it to swat BBs and people.
Agreed. I remember clearly during a few games at a CQB place in Montreal where I crept up behind a guy and touched his shoulder and said mercy quietly.

However I also remember a time when a friend of mine grabbed my shoulder out of no where on the street in an attempt to be funny and he ended up getting his ass thrown to the ground because I was a douche and over reacted, I felt horrible because of it but thankfully he was ok save for a few scuffs and a bruised ego but it could have been much worse.

So I can see both sides but Im unsure as to what the best course of action. I guess Im more interested in understanding others view points as when I was still playing back in the day no one I knew used rubber knives (that I can remember anyway).

Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
We need FP1990 in this thread. Lol

You know at the time that he was posting I was still not sure if I was going to return to the fold so I stayed in Lurk mode, but god that was some crazy shit. Glad to see their website imploded under the weight of its fail.

Last edited by Rugger_can; May 18th, 2010 at 01:37..
Rugger_can is offline   Reply With Quote