View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2010, 12:23   #1
formerly MSDFS
JG SVD for Assault/Support?

Hello ASC.
I was browsing Red Dragon Airsoft's website (I know they are American, and I cannot get guns from there). I love that website because they have in-depth reviews, chrono and accuracy tests of pretty much every gun they sell.
I came across the SVD dragunov by JG. I said, "Not for me, that's a sniper rifle" until I saw the 800rpm advertized, which means it shoots full auto. The guy doing the review says that it's compatible with all AK type magazines which got me thinking. I am an accuracy freak. The long barrel and the great accuracy would be great.
I would use it with an AK magazine, possibly a drum and no optics. It has pretty good iron sights (AK style) so I would not be sniping with it. I have no interest in it and 350-60 FPS won't do for sniping anyway. I would use it as an assault weapon or a light support weapon depending on the mag used. The bipod would be useful for the latter.

Would anyone recommend doing this at all, or would I get chewed out for being another "noob sniper" at games?

NB: Before I get bombarded with the usual "Get Av'd" demands, I am 17 turning 18 in a few months. I am doing research to make the best first purchase possible.
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
If something is to good to be true, it usually it.
If its last call and you've struck out with every girl all night and suddenly a cute one is making eyes at you? She has a wiener. You have been warned.
Enjoy your sneaky man trany tricked you butt secks.
Crunk_Ain't_Dead is offline   Reply With Quote