Thread: Range question
View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2010, 13:49   #21
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
There's a ridiculous amount of variables in all of this -- I'm not saying FPS plays NO effect in range, I'm just saying that it's not as important of a factor in the way that people think it is.

You originally never stated anything about how the guns were built, you simply said:
yes because whether compression is perfect or not -

400FPS + hop up effect + BB = 200 feet

same gun, next shot = bad compression, so it shoots 380FPS instead of 400

380FPS + hop up effect + BB = 190 feet

then how would that differ from a gun that is consistently shooting @ 380FPS?

You see, a G&G cansoft has terrible seal with their piston heads, which I believe you agree with. They shoot at about 360 FPS out of the box with that horrendous seal. However, it shoots just as far as any other 360FPS guns with the same BBs and hop up setting, compression isn't playing a factor here.

However, as you said, if the compression is good, then it will shoot at a higher FPS, which for example, would be 380FPS. Then in which case, yes, it will go farther.

But rather, that is ultimately the FPS that is playing the factor no?

Consistency is just consistency, it doesn't make the BB go any farther. It's like saying you hit a nail with your hammer with the same force repeatedly, but that does not make each swing stronger.

Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
Amos is right, Skladfin usually doesn't know what he's talking about anyway
really now?

Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
barrel length has absolutely NOTHING to do with range, OR ACCURACY
It's meaningless. It has no bearing what so ever.
and right away you just repeat my first presented idea. So do you agree with me or disagree?

Last edited by Skladfin; May 9th, 2010 at 13:55..
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote