Thread: sniper scopes
View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2010, 23:59   #10
a.k.a. Palucol
Originally Posted by krap101 View Post
Well, I'm not saying that getting a "sniper rifle" is a good idea as a first gun (assuming it is the first gun), but just because it didn't work out for you doesn't mean it won't work out for anybody. I would like to see less posts about not getting a sniper rifle and more posts on thinking about the role he/she wants to play. That said, most airsoft sniper rifles have roughly the same range as a aeg, but you also have to consider that bolt actions are virtually silent, more accurate (somewhat in a physical sense and more so in a mental state). Right now I'm planning on getting a bar-10, but then again it is my fourth gun.

Well, I'm not sure how much guns are in Canada, but a decent gun over here costs around $150 (I looked at the dboys scar and the full metal m4), so I'm guessing the same gun would be like $200-250? When you buy a 60$ gun, generally you end up wasting your money because you won't be able to upgrade it (maybe minor upgrades), and you'll probably end up wanting a new gun in a few months anyways.
yes i agree with you, but, most of the 15-16 year olds here want a sniper rifle as a first gun, because they play Call of Duty, or other shooting video games....(I made that decision 2 years ago, when I was 16 and was playing COD as a sniper......and I later realize that it was a waste......). Almost everybody on asc started with a spring sniper rifle, and switched right away to AEG, because you dont really have advantages beeing a sniper in airsoft.

- projectile is so light, wind affects its trajectory .....
- your range is the same as a aeg, since you have a spring piston inside of the gun, your barrel isnt as long as the receiver, so....basically, the barrel on a vsr-10 is same lengh or shorter then a m4-m16 with a 14.5 inch barrel.....
- no point and shoot....

also. her ein canada, we have importation full black airsofft guns are "in a grey area" of the law....

Few are able to import some airsoft guuns, so here the choice isnt as big as in the USA... and prices are higher too....almost 2-4x the price, depending on avaibility.....

And back to the OP..... what is your budget for your first airsoft gun? and how old are you?

"A workout isn't easy, but neither is being fat, make the right choice"
Gunny_McSmith is offline   Reply With Quote