View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2010, 20:38   #1
Propane adaptor causing cylinder to leak

Hello there! I have been playing around with my Tokyo Marui Hi Capa 4.3 for about 2 months now, perhaps once every two weeks or so, just shooting it within my apartment. Just a few days ago, I attempted to refill the standard magazines (I only have two) with the propane that I have been using the whole time (a 16 oz Coleman cylinder) along with the plastic propane adapter.

This attempt resulted in almost no gas entering the magazine (I ended up with about 1/5th of gas in the magazine one time, none another time). While the normal sound is just an loud "fwshhh", this one starts with the loud sound, and then fades down straight away in a two second refill attempt. Afterwords, I hear a light hissing coming from the propane cylinder. I removed the adapter, and the tank is stuck with a light hiss, releasing propane. I used the small stick that is on the side of the adapter to do a quick press down on the release nozzle to do a quick release of propane, and it stopped hissing.

The problem is that I have tried each day since, but this problem is constant. I have been doing the "silicone lube into the nozzle of the propane cylinder every 8 refills", so I am wondering if the silicone lube is affecting the propane cylinder. I don't have access to more propane at the time, and I wasn't sure if I should buy more simply to test. If anyone has any good pointers, tips, hints, or any info at all, it would be greatly appreciated.
Chirmaya is offline   Reply With Quote