View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2010, 12:33   #53
Originally Posted by Azathoth View Post
I agree. Your .30 and up VS liquor bottles in my backyard testing yields basically the same results as the silica BB. I've found that KSC .30 are more destructive than the MAX on a shot to shot basis against the glass.

What really surprised me is my shooting at non field limit velocities 500+. I'll do the shoot again when the snow melts lexan RC shell vs standard .30 BB and silicas. The standard BB's punch through the lexan shell, but the silica's bounce off.

Anywhere that allows those other BB's that weigh 0.30 and up should allow the silica BB's but silica's have such a bad reputation just like bio's do in Canada.

I really want to get some of those new Bioval Hardball weight BB's and shoot them at our field limit energy levels.
Sorry to chime in so late, but very valid points indeed. It's true the BBBmax and other clears should have the same acceptable consideration as standard currently accepted .30's or heavier in fields. It's really a mindset, and it seems through the apparent rational discussion taking place, that this mindset is changing.

The bad rap in Canada about bio's is all but eliminated based on what we're seeing on the sales front. Less than stellar product was distributed in the past, but that has changed since the Bioval product was introduced including the BBBmax.
This is evidenced by other importers following our lead, so we must be on the right track.

What it comes down to now is price, availability and most importantly performance. The new ammunition products available have some significant differences whether it be polish, weight, and diameter. All of which affect ASG performance. As long as the options are there, people will find the what works best for them.

The Bioval heavy weights you mentioned will be here later on the Spring by the way.
Premier Pro-Grade Canadian AEG supplier
Follow Us on Twitter

Store Hours of Operation:
Tue-Wed: 11:00am-5:00pm
Thurs: 11:00am-8:00pm
Fri: 11:00am-5:00pm
Sat: 10:00-5:00pm

Retail Store Address: 237 Toryork Drive, Toronto Ontario.
shinobii is offline   Reply With Quote