View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2010, 19:08   #36
Send a message via MSN to Azathoth
I have now had a chance to shoot the silica bastards.

I have been a supporter of the BBBmax since I heard about them over 16 months ago and had a chance to shoot them. My complaint with the Max is the cost, and for CQB shooting you get incredible ricochets which gets aggravating.

It's all in the material. 99% silica in the bastards is still 99% silica in the branded product. The material lends itself to the shape, strength and properties that make it such an excellent airsoft projectile. I will buy the silica bastards so long as the price, and quality remains competitive with the HK no name brand silica's. I will use and have used silica BB's everywhere that event organizers will allow them.

Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
All BBs are harder than skin..

All bbs will break teeth
Yes, ALL BB's will break bottles, teeth, shatter optics etc.

Getting shot with a glass BB is no different than getting shot with a plastic one of the same size and weight shot at the same speed.
I am not so sure. been shot with .87 gram copper BB's and Max (hopefully will have some of the new bioval .80g standard BB), regular BBs etc. Heavier BB's shot from the same gun hurt more. I think there is a difference in soft tissue damage but nothing that is measurable or even relevant at the velocities that are gamed.

From a physics standpoint all the "issues" with these bbs are unfounded.

my only issue with them are they are a bitch to clean up
Really? I guess it's harder to see them under some conditions

upside is for a home plinker shooting into a proper trap.. they are very likely re-usable
YES and YES AND YES!!!! I've been re shooting my 'indoor' bag for for months now, just washing the dust and silicon oil off them.
Do you know what ruins airsoft?
(Chair), (Drama), (Air), (Sugar) softers, filthy casuals
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
WANTED PTW outer barrel cqb length
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote