View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2009, 01:48   #21
Fungyi

To quote Ayashifx55:

"for that amount of money, i can build a plasma rifle out of extreme high voltage capacitors .... Your just wasting your time my friend, to be honest.....Why not wait a bit and invest into a REAL GOOD airgun or airsoft gun?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayashifx55 View Post
for that amount of money, i can build a plasma rifle out of extreme high voltage capacitors .... Your just wasting your time my friend, to be honest.....Why not wait a bit and invest into a REAL GOOD airgun or airsoft gun?
Would such a gun look like a toy (which is actually what i WANT it to look like)? Would it be full auto? Can you easily decrease its muzzle energy? Can it shoot 400+ FPS for mutually agreed-upon "snipe" games, and be decreased to 300 and less FPS for "skirmish" games? Can the first and last shot during the life of the propellant be constant (as in the design of isolated chambers for each individual shot)? Can it do a multitude of "can-it-do-this's" that I can arbitrarily suggest as long as what I am considering may be deemed LEGAL???

I am not saying this applies to any of you, but one poster's comment regarding the gearbox reminded me of other conversations I've had... It feels to me that we are so conditioned to what we know an airsoft/airgun to be, that we automatically assume our needs are always the same, and that efficient fulfillment to ALL needs is accomplished by re-defining the need to accommodate the existing options available. I didn't even say i wanted to shoot metal pellets; yet a few already assumed that i did.

I've purchased different airsoft products from Tokyo Marui while living overseas, and I was very satisfied; no need to re-invent there! But as we teach our children that, in Canada, the toys with which we derive so much sincere, honest and gratifying fun with each other with, are actually prohibited items and the sellers with the licenses who sold them did so supposedly for movie-productions purposes (yet that's not ~really~ why they sold them/we bought them), we are really training them to be self-limiting. Who says Nerf guns aren't fun? They're just lacking in power, and is fun only for a short age-span; once the kid grows up, they'll need airsoft (which I'll be willing to pay for). I feel that there is a market for powerful, reliable, hi-tech & sexy toys that ARE toys and not prohibited items, and while I know that my friend's son will throw away the Nerf he has now, I was hoping the item I'll design for him will last a little longer out of the merit of its higher performance and durability. I will not get to seem him much longer; I wish for him to remember me--with a big, powerful gun and the reasons I created it.

So far none of you have raised any significant legal issues... I am going to assume that none has come to your minds yet? Or has my own postings distracted you all from getting to that as of yet... If that is the case, please accept my apologies, and thank you very much once again.
Fungyi is offline   Reply With Quote