View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2009, 23:53   #1
Hop-Up/Spring upgrades; specifically JG416

Okay, here we go again with another noob thread. Anyway. Searched the threads about looking at hop-up rubbers to little avail. (If someone finds a link, I humbly apologize)

My question here is that I've invested in a V2 JG 416, but having run through the massive thread that is the JG416 review, I know that the accuracy isn't good out of box, and the gun is too hot for field use; nearing 400fps.

Now I can't recall off the top of my head what Op-For rules are on upgraded FPS values are, but I'd say I'm looking in the area of 360-370, 380 MAX. So being the dumb person I am, what spring would I be looking for?

Okay, now the other question. I was on ehobbyasia looking for a new hop-up assembly to put into the gun, and I'm sort of puzzled. I know I should buy a hop-up unit, but what type of nub should I buy? It seems there's these numbers regarding the "hardness" of the rubber? Described as "45/55/65 Hard," and I am going to assume that it will affect the degree to which the BB "hops" up.
So what should I be getting? I'm mostly going to be doing plinking at the moment at home and down the road will game it outdoors in the summer.

Thanks a lot guys!
What's more important: morality or the freewill? In our society most people would say freewill. But we mustn't forget our morality.
Our morality guides our freewill to do the right thing.
stealthy1 is offline   Reply With Quote