View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2009, 21:01   #1
Primer for Scope

Hey guys, sorry to make another thread in the newb tank. I have a few questions regarding scope for airsoft rifles.
But first, what I do know:
-AEG's don't have the range for super-high magnification scopes
-ACOG (4x) scopes are more than enough
-Red Dots are better
-I'll be getting a Eo553 replica for 'infantry' role use. The scope will probably be for a DMR-like role. I am planning on installing the scope probably on a longer barrel, I believe 14"? Not the M4 carbine length.

My few questions are:
I want to be able to use a variable magnification scope for spotting, while also being able to be within the 4x range to shoot with. That being said, I spotted (no pun intended) a 3x-9x Tasco scope on EB:
Would this fulfill my requirements? It's within 4x range, with higher small magnifications for spotting.

Oh and one more thing: I can't for the life of my figure out what the 40mm refers to. Is that the length of the far lens...? Just a bit curious since I noticed a 50mm version of the same scope.

Thanks guys. Other products are well appreciated too, but hopefully they're not too expensive either.
What's more important: morality or the freewill? In our society most people would say freewill. But we mustn't forget our morality.
Our morality guides our freewill to do the right thing.
stealthy1 is offline   Reply With Quote