View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2009, 19:40   #29
Originally Posted by Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw View Post
Well you come here asking US for advice on a POS and will tell you its a POS. You come here asking US for advice and we give it to you. Just because its not what you want to hear, suck it up buttercup.

I will say again, this is a forum for Airsoft ENTHUSIASTS. If you want a forum for kids with no money that still wanna play airsoft, this isn't it. If we tell you that you will need between $500-$1000 its not because we pocket your money, its just how much you will need to integrate yourself in our sport. If you join a hockey league will you show up with crappy foam padding because you dont have the money for the stuff they require you to use? No, they kick you out and don't let you back until you pony up the dough. With airsoft we don't tell you to leave, but we just tell you that a certain amount of money is needed to fully enjoy the sport and treat it as more than a whim. Don't like it? Too bad then.
And again you all just made yourselves, out to be idiots. I never asked if that was a good gun. I never said OMG I'm going to get that gun and go to a game. I asked if there were any problems from ordering by walmart. I know exactly what quality that gun is. I don't expect to get cheap crap. I am going to be spending money. I play hockey I spend over $3000 dollars on hockey gear, I know exactly what commitment is required to make it in a sport.

However I do know this about hockey I have played with people who had nothing more than street gear playing on ice. They done that because they didn't know if they wanted to play, or not. So instead of spending money on gear that they might only use once, they got gear that was good enough for a test. The people they played with knew exactly what they were wearing and they respected what the person was wearing for gear. They gave him a chance.

They same thing should apply for airsoft, this is expensive the community is small and it will not get bigger unless people start shaping up. thankfully for everyone here I know that not all the ones here are jerks there are some very nice people. So what if someone shows up to a game wearing green and with a cheap walmart gun. If he can get AV'd there AV him and let him have a few minutes of play time. Give the person a chance let them see what kind of sport it is. That is the only way you will get allot of good players. Sure now we get a few good ones but how many just spontaneously said hey I wanna airsoft. There's probably a few but the majority have had friend's that done it. I found out about the sport from another forum. I done research and discovered that it could be fun. Granted this will take a small investment but even if I do not like it I can sell the gear and get back most of what I spent.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote