View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2009, 23:05   #54
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
Yes plenty of people run SAWs .. they are costly to build and maintain but those who like them like a lot of them.. not where you should start off though

Night games are great, One of the craptastic parts of AS games in the field are that the effective range of AS guns is so short that you can not actualy get a very realistic simulation of combat.. people can pretty much stand in the open and ignore you as long as they stay out of range ...

At night due to the poor night vision that humans have the engagement ranges shrink to be more likley to be within the effective range of the weapons.. this creates a more realistic combat simulation, and more intense experience. NV is obviously useful but out of the question for most players, stealth and careful action rule the night.

CQB vs Field .. people drop down on both sides of that..

in my opinion CQB is a more intense experience and a good combat simulation as all action takes place within the effective range of the weapons in use.
Mistakes result in being hit.

Field play.. is less satisfying to me due to the fact that people hide behind bushes... and conduct themselves in ways that would be pretty much instantly lethal in a real combat situation. Its a poor simulation and so a less effective training tool
Woot! talked to TankDude tonight, and hoping that the mods/admins would add the AV stats soon.

Yeah, speaking of SAWs, I saw one person with them tonight. Would be cool to have one :/

I think indoor CQBs are definitely better... less mosquitoes
billli is offline   Reply With Quote