View Single Post
Old August 28th, 2009, 12:37   #135
Send a message via MSN to Kurgan
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
I object to any body that I did not consent to setting policy for my games on my property.. Its not the place of this forum to do so.

I am responsible so I make the rules.. No One else has the authority to do so.

you can't take an "official stand" if you have no mandate to enforce that stand.

Until such time as ASC will take on the responsibility by providing me with general liability insurance to indemnify me against claims against me as a game host / feild owner that I willingly accept, along with the restrictions incumbant upon such a contract it has NO RIGHT to set policy for anything that does not happen here.

The only authority ASC has is to restrict the use of its forum. If it is known that a particular game host allows rampant illegal activity and dangerous games with intoxicated players then it is well within its right to ban that user from access to the forums for the purpose of organizing such games.

As ASC is a wholly owned entity that can ban anyone at any time arbitrarily there is no need for a set policy. Such banning actions can be done on a case by case basis as has always been the practice to now.

so I say again.. This issue is not an issue
It's fine that your official stance encourages or allows people to drink or do drugs before and during your hosted events. Sounds a bit dangerous.. but yes, it is your choice to allow this behavior.

It still is an issue, just because you don't agree with it, and a few dope users agree with you, doesn't end the debate about standing against it.

Do you honestly think it's better for an avenue such as ASC to turn a blind eye and say.... OK.. we've talked about it and we're ok with doing nothing? The only people who agree with you are the dope users or people who drink at games. It seems the only reason you against it, is that you will be directly in violation of a policy that may or may not come to fruition.

The consensus is for an official stand against consumption of drugs before and during a game. You guys posting your against it 10 times doesn't sway the opinion.
On the seventh day when God rested, we overran his perimeter and we've been running the show ever since....