Getting Ready For Your First Game:
So you've got:
- AEG + Battery + BBs
Since you've already gone to at least one local game waaaay back in Step 2 of the first post...you already have a good idea of how the game goes, but since is your first time as an Ex-Newb you want to hit the ground running!
So here's a quick list of things to consider in prep for the big game day:
- even if there's going to be a place to buy drinks at the field (and there aren't for quite a few fields)...you'll want to carry at least some water on you and keep hydrated throughout. Remember...drink before you're thirsty.
- same goes for food/snaks. A burnt burger or questionable hotdog might not be the best thing to choke down when you're running around. Good snacks are a godsend and are easy to eat when there's a lull in the action (i.e. power/granola bars, oranges/bananas, candy bar, jerky, and other stuff that's good for you
* Allergy pills
- a lot of outdoor games are...in the outdoors. If you suffer from allergies...consider taking an antihistime before the game starts (so it has time to kick in). Crawling through a field full of grass/weeds/flowers/scrub is pretty much guaranteed to turn you into a snotting mess. Take an hankerchief as well....
- a radio is really handy at a lot of games. BUT turn VOX (voice activated comms) off...it's really annoying. Get a headset for it...or turn it off until you need it...you'll just broadcast where you and your teammates are.
- print them off at least the night before and leave them on top of your gear bag (which you packed the night before right?!?). A lot of games start early and there's breakfast/packing/travel/taking-a-sh*t time to factor in. DON'T be late...BE early.
Game hosts are usually running around doing a lot of things...help them out by getting there early, signing in, chrony/whatever and being ready to go when the host says, "Let's go". Getting to a game an hour early gives you lots of time to get geared up and prep'd for the game. Don't be the a**hole everyone else is waiting for.
The Night Before:
- sh*t's all packed and ready to go
- batts are charged
- the directions/rules/details are printed
- fod/snacks are packed
- boots waiting at the front door.
- fill water/hydration pack
- eat breakfast (a good one...not just a coffee)
- pack up and head out
On-site, before game starts:
- sign in, pay fee
- check in with host for any last minute details/changes
- gear up
- check start time with host
- chrony/function test weapons....then just clear them and put them down until the game starts
- chill out, kick back on your chair (you brought one right?) and watch all the retards run around trying to find a charger for their battery while you're waiting for the host to kick things off.