View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2009, 08:21   #12
The Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
If the mechbox makes half the gun a clone, does that mean the G3, MP5 and G&P M249's are all half-clones of a TM M4?
Well, given that TM doesn't even make a M249 and that the M249 is one of the non-TM design success stories, I think you need to think about what your actual point is.

Quote:
Yes TM was the first to make the design, but how do you know CA engineers stole the TM blueprint and built a gun from those? How do you know CA didn't get REAL M4 blueprints to make their M4 a clone of a real M4?
CA got the idea to make an airsoft gun from TM, and got all the basic internal principles cloned from TM, but it's a very different AEG
Because it's a well known fact that CA started off by copying TM's design, down to the body tabs? It's not a secret, or even a strike against CA. It's just the way things were done in the business (and still is done).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
JG M4's are a clone... everything was reverse engineered from the TM. The old type copy TM's design 100%... If it wasn't branded "Made In China" and you didn't pay attention to the build and material quality you wouldn't know it was a TM.
Using your own logic...

Quote:
... So your saying because the mechbox is the same, the gun's a clone?

So you're saying a realsword AK (uses a standard V3 with the only changes being an extended anti-reversal latch so you can trip it on the outside of the mechbox) is a clone of a Tokyo Marui AK?

Externals are 50% of the gun.

TM guns barrel design = barrel wobble, CA and G&P = no wobble.
http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper...%20Gong%20AEGs

JG is no longer just a Chinese clone company, because they've demonstrated that they're no longer just cloning TM by making their own external changes.