View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2009, 14:30   #270
Send a message via MSN to SockMonkey
+1 old crabby fart!

Well the one thing you can always count on in an anonymous setting is the keyboard tough guy!

I have just tried to come back into airsoft after a 4 year break due to illness and life in general and it was such a shock the state that it has degenerated to. In my area most of the "vet" players moved on and only a handful of old hats were there to try and herd the cats as I like to say. Most of the new players wont use anything but highcaps and bitch and moan in a milsim when ammo limits are imposed.

I dont think it has to do with the guns and kit as the lack of direction and mentoring as has been pointed out.

I showed up to my first 2 game wearing a paintball jersey, though in my defense it was some what subdued green and black jeans. I also went to EVERY boot camp (training) offered by my club (BCAC) for the first year rain or shine -20 dgrees when I found out for the first time that cold was bad and about totaled my TM M4 (mechbox and upper).

I try and mentor new players and make sure they are not left out based on kit and gun, because we all have to start some where and as long as they make the effort so will I. That being said as I have found out recently you cant help people who dont want to help themselves.

You know, there's like a butt-load of gangs at this school. This one gang kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bo staff.