View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2009, 21:20   #230
Originally Posted by chico View Post
so what about people that cant afford those really cool guns but have BDU's clearsoft and tactical knowledge but want to have fun. i can hardly afford 200 dollar clearsoft guns so what should i do i dont want to show up to play somewhere and get laughed right off the field and is there anybody that plays clearsoft near penetang just want to have fun
Someone else mentioned it in this thread. Airsoft is a hobby. Hobbies cost money. If you wanted to join an radio controlled airplane club do you think they'd appreciate you showing up with a $30 Walmart 2-channel POS? No. They at the very least expect you to have a proper 3 or 4 channel airplane with a real 72mhz or 2.4ghz transmitter. In other words, they'd expect you to have $200-$400 worth of equipment.

It used to cost upward of $1,000 to get into this hobby. You can do it now for about half that. If you can't afford that, then get a grip on reality. Hobbies aren't free, and those of us who have spent a lot of time and money on it have no obligation to accomadate those who won't.

"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."