Thread: Tsd l96
View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2009, 20:07   #8
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
I'm told, on places other than ASC, that this thing is an excellent platform for a dedicated sniper. People on this forum have it in their heads that if I didn't spend $800+ on the base platform then it'll forever be useless. lol
Well, my take on that this this:

1) 80% of other airsoft forums are infested by people who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

2) To turn it into a really awesome platform, you're spending $800-$1,000 in parts anyway, regardless of the base unit. The issue is that parts for the maruzen are guaranteed to fit the maruzen... whereas some parts can be hit or miss with the TSD clone. Personally, I'd still be tempted to just upgrade the TSD one instead of starting with the high end one.

3) I've been told by numerous people that the build quality of the maruzen far exceeds that of the TSD.

Now, having said all of that, I don't give a shit what anyone says -The Well L96 I had was more accurate than any stock AEG and had pretty awesome range to boot, and that was only shooting with .25's, not something like .38's which I'm sure it would be awesome with. Furthermore the Well came with a scope and a decent bypod.. seriously for the money it's an awesome deal.

I'm definetly not saying "don't get it". I'd recommend it to anyone who wanted to try a BAR. I'm just relating my experiances with it.

"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote