Originally Posted by keyyek321
Also, in terms of the gun itself:
- M4's are classified as carbines/assault rifle, while m16's are rifles.
- M4's have full auto, m16's have burst
an m16 is an assault rifle
The translation assault rifle gradually became the common term for similar firearms sharing the same technical definition as the StG 44. In a strict definition, a firearm must have at least the following characteristics to be considered an assault rifle:
* It must be an individual weapon with provision to fire from the shoulder (i.e. a buttstock);
* It must be capable of selective fire;
* It must have an intermediate-power cartridge: more power than a pistol but less than a standard rifle or battle rifle;
* Its ammunition must be supplied from a detachable box magazine.
and not all m16's are burst (A1) especially when we are talking about airsoft
: heres a few links that may prove useful for more info on both firearms (these are more dedicated to the real versions as opposed to airsoft but still ok for a read)
you said your rifle was an ICS? (i have rather short term memory so forgive me if i am mistaken) if this is the case this link may help you should you encounter problems with your rifle
as for converting from one to the other i cant comment on that and will allow others more experienced to do so