Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   General (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Shipping? (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=45821)

matt491 October 12th, 2007 23:35

Shipping?

Hey guys,

It's my first time shipping an airsoft gun and I'm just wondering how to go about doing it. Just box it up and package it CAREFULLY and show up at the post office with it? Is there anything I need to say about it or any special way to package it?
Thanks in advance!

Lakonian October 12th, 2007 23:37

Box inside out, if you're really sketchy.

Otherwise, a nice bit of brown wrapping paper should do.

mcguyver October 12th, 2007 23:43

Shipping for real guns (including prohibited guns) requires the use of Priority Courier with signature required. I believe that that is Canada Post's requirements. If you ship a gun out, that would be the safest and most legal way to do it. But it will cost 2-3 times as much as sending a regular parcel. It cost me $60 to send a package this way from northern Alberta to central B.C. this way.

Myself, I would rather do it that way and have no issues, than to have a parcel scanned and pulled by a nervous CP-contractor and end up with a "misplaced" parcel.

Styrak October 12th, 2007 23:47

I've sent airsoft guns Regular Parcel as well as XpressPost, and haven't had a problem. (I've sent about 6 guns). I also shipped a pellet rifle. They don't care, it's perfectly legal.

mcguyver October 12th, 2007 23:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Styrak (Post 553290)
I've sent airsoft guns Regular Parcel as well as XpressPost, and haven't had a problem. (I've sent about 6 guns). I also shipped a pellet rifle. They don't care, it's perfectly legal.

Yes, Styrak, they do care:

http://www.canadapost.ca/rates/2007/...ce_Guide-e.pdf

Read section 4.2.2

Just because you've "done it" a couple of times, doesn't make it all good. People have to know there are certain regulations in Canada for certain things. You don't just "do whatever 'cause they don't care".

I receive real and airsoft guns this way. No exceptions. I did send some last year via Xpresspost, but once I learned the regulations, I changed my method.

matt491 October 13th, 2007 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Styrak (Post 553290)
I've sent airsoft guns Regular Parcel as well as XpressPost, and haven't had a problem. (I've sent about 6 guns).

All four of my airsoft guns and one of my old pellet guns came xpresspost. Not to mention every add I've seen on here says "Blah blah price shipped xpresspost" So it seems EVERYONE is doing it? My question is do I just package it up, walk into to the post office and say, "need to ship this xpress post" they weigh it, I pay and walk out? Is it that simple?

mcguyver October 13th, 2007 12:42

Sure. Do that. But avoid air shipment as packages can be scanned randomly. But if there is a problem, like a lost or damaged parcel, there may be repercussions because you shipped what CP called a restricted or controlled item.

It's your gamble.

Skruface October 13th, 2007 14:37

I usually ship witht he box lid turned inside out. I go to the dollar store and buy my brown wrapping paper (way cheaper than at the post office) and then I tape down the deliver info on top with packing tape. Then I wrap the ENTIRE box in wrapping tape, to the point that it's pretty much waterproof. I use pretty much an entire roll of packing tape (which also costs a buck at your local dollar store).

I've never had anyone complain about my packing jobs, other than it takes them too long to get through the tape :). Never had any complaints of goods arriving damaged, though.

Styrak October 13th, 2007 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcguyver (Post 553295)
Yes, Styrak, they do care:

http://www.canadapost.ca/rates/2007/...ce_Guide-e.pdf

Read section 4.2.2

Just because you've "done it" a couple of times, doesn't make it all good. People have to know there are certain regulations in Canada for certain things. You don't just "do whatever 'cause they don't care".

I receive real and airsoft guns this way. No exceptions. I did send some last year via Xpresspost, but once I learned the regulations, I changed my method.

Except an airsoft gun is not a prohibited item, unless Canada Post took you to a court and the court proved it so. So no, they don't care.

Drake October 13th, 2007 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Styrak (Post 553630)
Except an airsoft gun is not a prohibited item, unless Canada Post took you to a court and the court proved it so. So no, they don't care.

Actually airsoft isn't clearly defined. If it's being considered a Replica, then it IS categorized as a Prohibited Firearm.

In most cases they won't notice/care; but if your package causes a panic for some reason and forces the evacuation of a sorting facility, then I think they'll care a whole lot more.

Styrak October 13th, 2007 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake (Post 553643)
Actually airsoft isn't clearly defined.

This is exactly my point.

mcguyver October 13th, 2007 17:15

They've already outright banned the shipping of replica munitions, and most carriers will not carry firearms or parts or ammunition of any way, shape or form.

Styrak, you really have no point here. I've posted the official CP policy. Believe it or not. It's up to you.

Frankly, what you believe means nothing. They hold all the cards, here.

Hungryman October 14th, 2007 23:29

And remember if you do ship via air decompress GBB mags ect as no pressurized objects are to be brought on the planes.