Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   General (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Is it possible? A hybrid Airsoft Gun? (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=30336)

Mentana October 29th, 2006 21:33

Is it possible? A hybrid Airsoft Gun?

Well, as I wish to know.. Before I try..

I plan on being my ol' retarded self and trying something spontaneously stupid.. yet again..

All righty then..

I have a RC motor that got an electric RC up to about 60 MPH, or 50k rpm.. Now, I have an empty G36 body which I'm thinking about putting a metal gearbox with aftermarket all metal parts in with a high tention spring..

That should be an ownage weapon.. no?

Nowwww.. Would a version 3 gearbox work? Or would I have to go stronger.. (I'm thinking stronger, anyhow)

I know I need some strong as crap gears, high high high tension spring, etc.. Or else it'll blow out, yada yada. Alright.

So, any suggestions or sites, or comments.. for aftermarket parts?

Thanks,

Mentana.

ATREYU October 29th, 2006 21:35

Don't forget the nuclear reactor

ILLusion October 29th, 2006 21:40

A hybrid what?

Electric? What you're trying to design has already been created.

You know there's already a whole slew of electric airsoft guns? They're called "AEGs". Might want to look them up.

You're not retarded. You're just... uninformed and behind on the times.

Mentana October 29th, 2006 21:44

haha. Hahaha. Hahahaha. Lolololol. Noononono!!

By "Hybrid" I meant, RC + Airsoft parts.

I know there are AEGs.. I own a few. I just wanted to make a super AEG. Durr :)

What I truely was looking to see that was retarded is the pure torque of the motor.. 50 thousand rpm.. That's about 25k shots per min.. Do the math.. I was wondering if that was possible, is all.

Also, I did the math myself.. if you're like that.

277 per second.. Which is Ridiculous.. That's not possible.. therefor, i need a HIGH HIGH HIGH HIGH HIGH HIGH tension spring to slow it down dramatically.. but risk breaking the gearbox... So is it possible.. back to my original question..?

FNG October 29th, 2006 21:50

Guy's. I think what he's really saying is that he wants to put wheels on a G36 and make it go 60mph. and be remote controled. A few simple modifications and you'll a really fast RC G36.

..................er................uh?.....wait.. .maybe I read that wrong.

EDIT: oooooh. Now I get it.

bigbadbob17 October 29th, 2006 22:11

I dont see how that motor would ever have the torque to compress the spring at that high rpm. It would be like putting a car in 5th gear then expecting it to climb a 40% grade at 150 kmph with a 4 cylinder 1.5 litre engine. The motor will not have enough torque to do it, it might make a buzzing sound when you pull the trigger though? could use that at the base of a makeshift flashlight/plastic retractable sword to make a kool lightsabre

Mentana October 29th, 2006 22:25

If you think about it.. It can.. Depending on the tension, it'll go accordingly. The spring can be high tension taking longer to compress, or more RPMs, or lighter taking less time..

My math might be wrong, but I calculated 3 RPMs per spring compress, probably more around 6 - 8 Though.. Correct me if I'm wrong.

It gets an RC to 60mph.. 50k RPM.. Why not be possible?

Gryphon October 29th, 2006 22:38

Completely impossible. If you knew how a gearbox fully worked you'd realize 50,000 is a ridiculously astronomical rate of fire that is in no way ever achievable with an AEG.

Ask the guy with the TOP M249 how many pistons he stripped (I think the count required more than two hands) at around 2000 RPM.

Amazing KG3 October 29th, 2006 22:53

the biggest issue with high ROF, well at least sensibly high ROF is feeding.

lt_poncho October 29th, 2006 22:56

If you want high ROF you should really consider gas guns instead.

Kuraitenshi October 30th, 2006 01:26

try it and see what happens, youtube it too.

takatorikku October 30th, 2006 05:38

just bring a riot shield when you do test it.

Daes October 30th, 2006 06:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mentana (Post 373585)
What I truely was looking to see that was retarded is the pure torque of the motor.. 50 thousand rpm.. That's about 25k shots per min.. Do the math.. I was wondering if that was possible, is all.

Also, I did the math myself.. if you're like that.

277 per second.. Which is Ridiculous.. That's not possible.. therefor, i need a HIGH HIGH HIGH HIGH HIGH HIGH tension spring to slow it down dramatically.. but risk breaking the gearbox... So is it possible.. back to my original question..?

Ummm, I think you need to redo your math. A TM EG1000 motor has 27,552 rpm. You RC engine will only double your ROF, giving you maybe around 1500, not 25k... Also, with the avaliability of SystemA motor upgrades that are specifically designed for Airsoft, why risk wrecking a gun on a un-reliable upgrade.

Here is a comparison chart, it points out BOTH rpm and torque. Your motor may be spinning at 50k rpm, but with poor torque it will be pointless to put in a AEG.

http://www.21stcenturyairsoft.com/motorguide.php

-Daes

Dirty Deeds October 30th, 2006 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gryphon (Post 373632)
Completely impossible. If you knew how a gearbox fully worked you'd realize 50,000 is a ridiculously astronomical rate of fire that is in no way ever achievable with an AEG.

Ask the guy with the TOP M249 how many pistons he stripped (I think the count required more than two hands) at around 2000 RPM.

Exactly.

Gryphon, if you are talking about Poff's M249, then yes it was putting out 2000 RPM and would eat pistons like some sort of BB side dish.

Mentana, if you manage to get your G36 over 2500 RPM, and are able to feed it properly, I would suggest finding a good cheap supply of quality pistons. Because you will need 1 or 2 pistons for every bag of BBs you put through it.

Oh and that high tension spring you are talking about, will not only slow down your motor, it will also speed up your BB, probably way beyond field limits.

Gryphon October 30th, 2006 11:16

Heck, if you took a jet engine and tossed BBs by the handful into the exhaust stream I don't think you'd even get to 50,000 RPM.